amazon

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I wish I was at the pitch meeting for...

How do bad movies get made? Somewhere along the way somebody had to explain to somebody else with some money that it would be worthwhile to spend said money on making this terrific idea of a movie.

1. Xanadu http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081777/

Pitchman: Alright, I've got a great idea let's bring together roller disco and greek mythology. I know right? How has so much time had to pass by before these natural plot elements came together. Throw in Olivia Newton John and this thing can't miss.

Moneyman: Well... It sounds pretty good but could we work in Gene Kelly?

Pitchman: Of course. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Moneyman: Great! Let's make this thing happen. Where is my checkbook?

Pitchman: One more thing the soundtrack absolutely must feature ELO or the deal is off.

Moneyman: No problem. I mean what other band could possibly fit the bill?


No comments:

Post a Comment