amazon

Thursday, November 22, 2012

The First Step

I'm not one to brag, but while all of you were stuffing yourselves with turkey, I was taking my first step to my inevitable fortune. My new web presence is already starting to pay dividends in the form of a lucrative job offer. Earlier today, Martin Brown sent me an email informing me that I was "urgently needed" as his very own personal assistant. I am not personally familiar with Mr. Brown, but I presume he must be a man of significant stature if he able to offer the handsome price of $500 per week to a potential personal assistant. I am currently considering the offer but I think I will have to negotiate the salary. "Never take their first offer" is my motto. I suspect I can talk him up to $550 or $575 per week. He goes low, I go high and we will settle somewhere in the middle. You now how the game works. I will happily accept your congratulations now. Don't be jealous. One of these days you may receive an unannounced email from me offering you a similar opportunity. Keep on dreaming and your opportunities will come.

Keep working and your opportunity will come...

No comments:

Post a Comment